Exos Thumb Spica Fracture Brace
Designed to provide stabilization to the thumb, first metacarpophalangeal (MCP) joint, the first carpometacarpal (CMC) joint, wrist joint, distal radius and distal ulna. Useful for all injuries to the thumb, such as Bennett’s or complex Rolando’s fractures, suspected or confirmed navicular (scaphoid) fractures, and for other carpal bone injuries. Also useful for fractures to the distal radius and/or distal ulna, Colles fractures, Salter-Harris pediatric wrist and forearm injuries. Used for acute injuries as well as for post-op support. Does not contain latex.
Features & Benefits :
- The ability to thermoform and custom fit the Brace to the patient's extremity ensures a comfortable fit.
- Top cover made of hook compatible material will accommodate hook-and-loop attachment anywhere on the brace.
- Bivalve thumb opening accommodates swelling or dressings to provide a better fit.
- Extended length of the thumb for maximum protection and can be trimmed (as directed by the physician).
- Full hook-and-loop release ribbon allows for easier and more comfortable application, removal and reapplication of the brace.
- BOA Closure System allows for quick adjustment in circumferential compression.
A Great Alternative to Conventional Casting!
Exos is the only bracing system offering you and your patients a removable, adjustable, reformable and waterproof solution for the treatment of fractures and other injuries requiring stabilisation.
The Exos brace is completely reformable, allowing:
- Modification to accommodate anatomical changes as healing progresses.
- Serial changes of position.
- One brace throughout duration of treatment.
- Less material waste.
Although the Exos brace is custom fit to your patient, it can be easily removed, allowing:
- Examination of the fracture site.
- Examination of a wound or incision.
- Assessment of muscle atrophy.
- The ability to initiate rehabilitation therapy earlier in the healing process.
- Skin and brace cleaning.
- Sawless removal.
Exos uses the exclusive BOA reel and lace dynamic closure system, allowing:
- Expansion to allow for initial swelling and to reduce the risk of Compartment Syndrome.
- Tension modification for custom fit despite atrophy or changes in soft tissue.
- Improved patient comfort and fit.
|Is Product Indent?||N/A|